battery goes down even when plugged in

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ognistik, Jan 9, 2009.

1. ognistik

ognistik New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've a 1st G ipod touch with 2.2 firmware. Just got it recently, refurbished, so sadly I've no warranty (I think)

the thing is that I use the ipod most of the times just to watch movies, I don't lower the brightness, or turn off wi-fi since I'm constantly using it. The battery lasts about 4 1/2 to 5 hours. Is this normal? I don't know if it is.

What I think is not ok, is that the battery of the ipod seems to be running out even while plugged in to my laptop. I mean, plugged in while using to watch videos or surf with safari. It charges without problem if I leave it alone, though. I was wondering if there's something wrong with it or if that's how it's supposed to work.
  2. Mr_iPod

Mr_iPod Member

Its not supposed to drain while charging.. unless your laptop is in a power saving type mode where it only supplies minimal power to USB ports? But to get better battery life you really should consider turning down the brightness to anything below 35% of the slider. I keep mine at the very start.. so Nothing. Also, when NOT using wifi turn it off. Get an app like WiFi Switch.
  3. Gman4354

Gman4354 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well, when it's plugged in it's suppost to charge not drain but i think you know that

try a different USB Port, USB Cable, Computer, make sure the usb is inserted correctly

and for the fast draining battery, if you have it jailbroken have wifi on, and full brightness your battery isn't going to last all that long so try and turn off wifi whenever possible and lower the brightness

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    you need sbsettings
  5. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think you do still have a warranty... I may be wrong though.
  6. ognistik

ognistik New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'll try that, lowering the brightness and turning wi-fi off... I was just worried about it consuming battery (while using) at the same time of charging. I guess it will charge slower, but shouldn't drain out.

I didn't do the brightness and wi-fi turning off before, coz I just wondered how much more battery would I get. Just some few minutes, maybe? I am thinking of getting an external battery which sould be better.

As for battery draining, does anyone knows how much is it supposed to last if it's fully charged and I start watching videos/surf on internet/use apps... let's say, non-stoping.

thanks guys
  7. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    id say no more then 3 hours...
  8. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Depending on how new the device is, I'd say this is about right... perhaps a bit longer though.
  9. .xLr8™

.xLr8™ New Member

thats why u dont get refurbished stuff.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If he bought it from apple, It would have come with a 1 year warranty and also would have been thoroughly checked by apple.

Try not using a laptop to charge, use a wall socket or your xbox or something.