Battery Fail?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andydawiz, Aug 18, 2009.

1. andydawiz

andydawiz New Member

Hi guys, this is probably normal but ever since i got my iphone and updated to 3.0 and 3.0.1, the charging has been really off. I drained the battery completely dead, then plugged it in when it was totally empty. In about 5 minutes it displays it's 50% charged..like wtf..is apple really this stupid to have screwed up their firmware? I have push notifications, bluetooth, ssh just about everything turned off i only use it for texting and calls and the odd game here or there but the battery is terrible! Sometimes it charged to 80% in half an hour! Anybody experiencing the same?

Thanks!
  2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The percentage is not always accurate.
    It happens to me all the time.
  3. Jadrien Bohnenkamp

Jadrien Bohnenkamp New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    ya the percentages r just probably off just let it charge until its fully charged. you should be fine
  4. andydawiz

andydawiz New Member

it charges full in like...an hour..
  5. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That doesnt mean anything. Mine does it too just wait for a full charge all will be well.
  6. Leave it charging overnight, and then don't turn it off/on or charge it until it turns off itself due to low battery and repeat once more. This should condition the batt.
  7. andydawiz

andydawiz New Member

yeah i've done that about 5 times but it always does the same thing..charges to 100% in nearly 1-2 hours and runs out really fast