Battery drained over night?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by N1k, Mar 17, 2009.

1. N1k

N1k New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey people. This morning I experienced the weirdest thing. Last night I was playing on my iPod, surfing the web, on cydia, etc. When I got tired, I turned the iPod off, well put it on hold, making sure my music was not playing. When I woke up this morning, I pushed the hold button to open my iPod, and nothing, it was dead. I plugged it to my computer and nothing. I tried all sorts of things, until one worked; holding the hold and home button, until my computer recognized it. I realized that the batteries had completely drained. Is there any application that uses power even when my iPod is on hold? I know the batteries are lithium ion, so it does not matter if you drain them, or charge them too much, so that could not affect the batteries performance....

Any help would be gold.
  2. kejting

kejting New Member

hmmm.....maybe you have something with a daemon installed,if it is jailbroken....
  3. Wills42

Wills42 New Member

There are actually a lot of things that could be draining your iPod's battery, and most are easy to fix.
    -The iPod could easily be draining because of Wi-Fi, which drains the battery quite quickly.
    -Do you have a theme running from an app such as Winterboard? Themes drain the battery as well.
    -Is 'Ask to join networks on?' If so, you should turn it off, considering the fact that you are already connected TO a wi-fi spot. (The program may consistently look for a wi-fi source)
    -Do you have any programs such as Mewseek or Mewseek pro? Make sure you exit out of them when you're done, because it still runs wether the iPod is on or not.
    -Do you have an app such as Backgrounder? This could have some battery sucking apps run in the background.
    -A lithium battery drains if it's not plugged in, even if the device is off.
    You COULD just charge your iPod when your done with it, which is the easiest fix.
    Hope this helps!
  4. Neblinio

Neblinio New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My battery drains when I turn off my 2G and leave it connected to the (turned off) computer all night long.
  5. nikolaros

nikolaros Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    if you read the manual it says that a connected ipod on a computer that's turned off WILL drain your battery
  6. N1k

N1k New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks for the tips, I will completely turn off my ipod next time. But I did not know that apps still run even if your ipod is on hold.
  7. doctadunk

doctadunk New Member

Mine does not drain overnight.
  8. N1k

N1k New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am not sure what happened, it is still a mystery, but I now realize that when I put my iPod on hold, for about 10 or so minutes, my iPod shuts down, it is just like what a laptop does when it goes to sleep for a long time, it hibernates or turns off. Is there a thing I might have enabled to do this??

Any information would be helpful.
    Thanks in advance.

*I believe that my iPods battery draining so fast was due to my ipod checking mail repeatedly through the night, but I still need help for the above problem*

After hours of research and testing, I have discovered the problem. Under settings, the Fetch new data was put to EVERY 15 MINUTES, causing the iPod to continuously check my mail and eventually turn off. So I changed it to Manualy, which I hope will do the trick.

Just thought I would let everyone know the solution.