Battery Drain while in standby

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by overwilhelmed, Feb 16, 2010.

1. overwilhelmed

overwilhelmed New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi all -

My iPod touch (2G, jailbroken with 3.1.2 I think) has been draining the battery while off. For example, I listen to music while at work, turn it off and put it in my gym bag and leave it there til the next day and when I turn it on in the morning the battery is completely gone.

I have WiFi off at all times and I removed all my email accounts from it. This has happened to me multiple times in the past week and I am starting to get pretty frustrated. Any ideas what could cause this? It only started happening recently.
  2. azheng888

azheng888 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this happened to me today for the first time. when i woke up in the morning, my battery was at 2% but before i went to sleep, it was at 96%. i hope this doesnt keep happening. and yes, i keep auto-lock on, so my ipod must have been in standby
  3. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This also started happening to me. I did some testing to figure it out... I use LockInfo which seems to keep the iPod awake to check the different things it checks even when you have it locked. In safe mode (no lockinfo) no battery is drained. I went into the settings and disabled the lockinfo widgets I don't use and it stopped taking so much.
  4. AllGoodMoney

AllGoodMoney New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    maybe its b/c its jailbroken this isn't the 1st i have heard of it how long after it was jailbroken did it start draining the battery?