Battery Drain - do not understand

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bohemian03, Jul 9, 2009.

1. bohemian03

bohemian03 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So I just got an iPhone 3GS and of course, I jailbroke it and unlocked it.

Since then, the battery seems to be draining really fast. I would put it on standby with 90 % battery and after 4 hours and it's already down to 10%. With this kind of battery drain, I'm not able to use to phone properly and I am quite disappointed in it.

This happens with Wifi off, 3G off, SSH off (usually it sometimes turns on by itself), and no Push.

I was thinking it may have something to do with the network because my phone had no service for 3 hours and the battery did not go down at all. - Could the battery drain be caused by ultrasn0w?

If you guys have any other suggestions to reduce battery drain, please tell me! thanks.

EDIT: Solution

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/144907200/ultratips

Unusual battery depletion is almost always caused by people choosing to “Restore from backup” instead of “Setup as new iPhone” when iTunes asks you. This isn’t caused by either the jailbreak or the unlock, but it’s a common 3.0 snafu. The fix is to just re-run the official 3.0 restore and choose “Setup as new” this time. Your music and apps and all that will still be synced, but you’ll get rid of any conflicting wifi, bluetooth, or carrier settings. Then just re-run redsn0w and install ultrasn0w.
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    What Cydia applications do you have? Winterboard, SBSettings, etc, are all apps that require mobile substrate. The more apps or tweaks you have that require mobile substrate the faster your battery will drain. One reason why I don't like mobile substrate apps.
  3. bohemian03

bohemian03 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    well i have winterboard, openssh, sbsettings, and a lovely bunch of cocunuts from cydia. should i remove some of them?
  4. greysn0w

greysn0w Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i don't think you are allowed metioning that last app from cydia you said, its against site rules
  5. bohemian03

bohemian03 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    oh haha thanks for that but what if that app is what's causing the problem? i wouldn't know unless i mention it right?... oh well i will delete it.

oh nevermind. the mods are fast. haha
  6. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Yeah after jailbreaking my phone the battery drains really fast, I angling to restore and unjailbreak as soon ad I get home ( I'm camping ATM lol and the battery just keeps dying)
  7. bohemian03

bohemian03 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yea.. it really is upsetting.

if anyone else has any suggestions, it would be appreciated.
  8. bohemian03

bohemian03 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok the dev team posted something about battery drain and I will try to see if it actually works.

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/144907200/ultratips

Unusual battery depletion is almost always caused by people choosing to “Restore from backup” instead of “Setup as new iPhone” when iTunes asks you. This isn’t caused by either the jailbreak or the unlock, but it’s a common 3.0 snafu. The fix is to just re-run the official 3.0 restore and choose “Setup as new” this time. Your music and apps and all that will still be synced, but you’ll get rid of any conflicting wifi, bluetooth, or carrier settings. Then just re-run redsn0w and install ultrasn0w.
  9. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    haha glad you solved your problem, yeah its always better if you dont restore from backup when jailbreaking.
  10. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    how do i not restore from backup? I really am that dumb