Battery Dieing Faster Since JailBreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ShadowLegion, Feb 2, 2009.

1. ShadowLegion

ShadowLegion New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Is there a way to fix this because this means it won't last long if i take it to school with me.

EDIT: Do you think this will work
    http://lonman06.com/2007/10/22/ipod...-since-intstalling-jailbreak-and-custom-apps/

"I installed Jailbreak about a week ago on my iPod Touch and noticed right away that my battery life decreased significantly. I was getting about half the life that I did before I did the JailBreak. The reason for this is that when you open up an application it continues to constantly run in the background even after you hit the home button. More intense programs such as the NES ROMs app can really cut into your battery life.

To prevent your battery from really taking a hit after you use an application don’t just tap the hold button, hold it down for about 5 seconds and the application will quit for good. It will no longer run in the background and your battery life should last much longer."
  2. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I have an idea. Go to the app store, buy Free Memory launch it and look at the running processes. If something is running then launch it and hold the home button for about 10 sec until your screen turns black and your back to the homescreen, I mean force quit it.
  3. ilena

ilena New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try the free program Systats lite, it shows which applications are currently running
    and how much memory is free.

If you have SBSettings installed, the toggle Processes shows which apps, started by Springboard, are running. There you can also close an app by swiping from left to right over it.
  4. ShadowLegion

ShadowLegion New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)