Battery died during jailbreak, need help please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by furso, Mar 12, 2009.

1. furso

furso New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey, I recently attempted to fully jailbreak (untethered) my 2g touch from a semi jailbroken state, when a few things went wrong, (it didn't boot) so i thought i had better tether jailbreak and start from there, anyway i started the jailbreak process, patched the ipod, then went into itunes and began to restore the custom firmware, it was at the point i had to leave my computer for 7 hours while i went to work, i came back expecting my ipod to hav the itunes logo with the plug going into it, but found it blank, i tried to turn it on, but nothing. If i hold the power button, the bubble in the corner of the screen telling me an 'unknown device' has been plugged in, flashes on and off, i assume that this was as a result of the ipod turning on and quickly loosing power due to the battery being drained, although i cannot understand why it would be drained as it has been plugged into my computer the whole time, can someone please help me out? thanks in advance.
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try giving a full charge from an AC wall plug adapter or different USB port. If you're still having problems it could be an issue your battery, a dodgy connector, fried com board or faulty ribbon cable, though I'm sure it's none of these and you jsut need to try charging from a few different sources.
  3. furso

furso New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeh i've just plugged it into a wall charger, do i need to let it charge, or shud it just turn on from the wall charger, because it hasn't done the later. I don't think it's a hardware failure because i only got it 3 months ago, and it had been working fine right up until i tried to re-jailbreak it. Is it possible that because I let the battery run down during the jailbreak process that it no longer has the intact firmware that 'tells' it how to charge? thanks for your help by the way, much appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    WOO PARTIAL SUCCESS!, so i plugged it into the wall charger under the advice where i left it for 15 mins, i then had one more go at putting it into DFU mode, and she fired up, booted to DFU, now im jst trying to boot to the jailbroken state, fingers crossed.
  4. tat.zizzy

tat.zizzy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    good luck! report back if it works!
  5. furso

furso New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So i fixed the battery problem, mainly cus there was no battery problem lol, turns out, when i was booting the tethered jailbreak i was expecting to see the itunes logo with the plug going into it, indicating that the device was in recovery mode but the computer still recognised it. I then worked out i could still boot to DFU mode using the timing instructions rather than other instructions i was given, and restored the firmware. HOWEVER i was not fully successful, i now can only boot to the itunes logo with the plug into it, how ironic lol, although i'm less worried, i'm prity sure i can always go back to semi tethered, allthough, i'd really lik to work this one out so i can move on to an untethered jailbreak.
  6. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

if the ipod is in DFU mode, it will not charge.
  7. furso

furso New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey, solved all my problems once and for all, like i said above, there was in fact no battery problem, however i couldn't boot to anything other than recovery mode, after a couple hours of trawling the net i found the solution, so for anyone else experiencing this problem, here's how to fix it: download iRecovery
    Boot ipod in DFU mode
    open cmd
    CD to iRecovery's directory (for example type CD C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\iRecovery)
    irecovery -s
    clearenv 1
    setenv boot-path
    setenv auto-boot true
    saveenv
    after all this is done, reboot ur ipod normally (not to DFU) and she should fire up.

NOTE: If iRecovery doesn't find ur ipod (this happened to me) type iRecovery.exe -f iBSS211.dfu before you do anything else, then unplug, replug, you'll get a white screen, then do the above steps.

BTW just wanted to mention how great this ipod touch community is, everyone is willing to help everyone, even if it is just a bit of encouragement like 'gud luck!' Thanks everyone
  8. Lucky7Syn

Lucky7Syn New Member

is its tetherd just put in dfu ,restore then do untetherd jailbreak
    this is why the dude said before you do the untetherd jailbreak ...RESTORE
    to factory settings then go from there which i did now i got no problem...
    or if your arldy at factory and u got everything on your ipod still
    u can still dont have to restore but only if not jb.. which i just did to my friend ipod..
    anyways if you just put in dfu then restore the jb should work form there
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Oh yeah... GL
    and post feedback