Battery declines after crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eLBr0oKeR, Oct 9, 2009.

1. eLBr0oKeR

eLBr0oKeR New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The battery life was never good on the 3GS, let's face it but the other day my iphone would just not come out of standby mode. I had to wait until I got home to plug it in and after a few minutes it fired up again. In that time of just a few hours of it being useless, the battery dropped by 40%. Ever since, my battery's performance has got slightly worse than before this happened (not as dramatically as losing 40% in 2 hours like I said) but it's still annoying given that the battery is terrible anyway.

Do you think it's worth restoring it? I'm thinking whatever caused it to crash has had some effect and left something constantly running perhaps. As it happens I'm going to have to restore anyway when the blackra1n comes out

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

If it is a noticeable battery problem take it in to Apple and ask about an exchange; in doing this they will do an update to see if that helps.

Before a restore try letting the battery drain all of the way and charge it over night. If that doesn't do it I would try a restore and see if that helps.

You could have a bad battery and nothing will really help but it would be worth trying.
  3. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well the battery also has been like that on my iPod Touch 2nd gen..... it likes to take these coaster rides.