Battery Dead. Black Rain

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rquarte, Feb 4, 2010.

1. rquarte

rquarte New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My battery died and I understand I have to go through the black ra1n install to bring my ipod back to life. But I plug it in. The recovery screen comes up. Than I run black rain and get a blank screen. No picture of geohot comes up. I've tried it a few times. Is it something I'm missing?
  2. Metallica25

Metallica25 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Have you tried to wait to see if it corrects itself? This happened to me before and I had to jailbreak on a computer with vista instead of xp. But thats just me so idk about you.
  3. rquarte

rquarte New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Tried it again. Still nothing. I'm running vista too. It just goes straight from the recovery screen to a black screen when I run black rain. No clue what to do.
  4. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    that happens to me too. so i can't jb my friends iPod...when they beg me to and they're offering me money. D: try uninstalling and reinstalling itunes cuz it uses some files from iTunes to get it in recovery and boot from recovery.
  5. rquarte

rquarte New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Fixed it. What I had to do was delete blackra1n off my computer and re-download it. Worked like a charm. Ran it and brought my ipod back to life!