Battery Charging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by simplyskate, Jun 23, 2009.

1. simplyskate

simplyskate New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey guys,

I managed to get my hands on a 6 month old 8GB iPhone 3G yesterday for £175, and then Ultra Sn0w came out today so that was great timing!

Anyway I've noticed that the battery doesn't last long at all, I charged it three quarters of the way this afternoon and now its nearly ran out, and I've had it off for most of the time. I was just wondering how often do you usually charge your iPhone?

Cheers.
  2. tornbacchus

tornbacchus New Member

your battery is dead for sure. i have 2 iphones, 1 from christmas and one from a year ago. the year old one's battery sucks, have to charge it everyday, but the other one i got at christmas, maybe once a week
  3. simplyskate

simplyskate New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Haha yeah once a week seems about right. I've only been using it for one day, but so far it seems I will need to be charging it every day. The phone is still under warranty, so if the battery is on its way out what do you think the chances of Apple replacing it are?
  4. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    With the iPhone 3G, it was basicly everyday. It often didn't last through the day without cutting back on 3G usage. With the iPhone 3GS, it's lasts he whole day.
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Once a week? How often do you use your phone, or is it in Airplane mode most of the time?
  6. germ

germ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i am currently at about 24hrs since recharge and i am at 50% of battery life.

running on tmobile, 3g w/ 3.0, heavy texting, light calling, and light internet usage since about 12 hrs ago.

i could probably go until tomorrow after work at this rate.

so i would get basically 2 days of use.

which is about what my 2g iphone got too.