battery charging

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by omgbbq, Feb 22, 2009.

1. omgbbq

omgbbq New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i know the battery has a limited amount of charges, but is it everytime i plug it in, or is it how long i charge it for? so say if i keep charging it but most of the time i charge it everytime at 80% so it never drops below, does that shorten my battery lifespan?
  2. enyahs

enyahs Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Here's what i found.. just used google :/

Full drains and full charges -

Even though most electronic devices with rechargeable batteries are capable of cutting off charging supply when full, still being connected for extended periods of time to a power supply can mess up the battery's internal chip that determines if the battery displays as full to you the user. It can also rob the battery of power over time as the more cycles a batter gets recharged for, the lesser the amount of time it will function for before needing a recharge. You can extend battery life by charging your iPod only when the battery is completely drained or very low.

Try not to charge your iPod unless it is very low or displaying the low battery icon. If you need to sync or update your iPod, remember that plugging it into your computer also charges it; so try to wait until the next charge to do any updating or syncing. Always fully charge the iPod, don't interrupt the charging cycle if at all possible. Updating also allows Apple to give your iPod's on board computer and battery system the latest tweaks and fixes to get every last bit out of your iPod battery.

EDIT: BTW... http://www.helium.com/items/1298759-optimizing-battery-life-in-ipods
  3. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    On the topic of battery... Is there any way to reduce that ammount of battery categories app. takes? If not, is there any app like it (creating folders etc.)