Batman 3 to be named The Dark Knight Rises

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by qaiz, Oct 27, 2010.

1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)

Please Register or Log in to view images

The amazing director Christopher Nolan, who recently showed off his master piece Inception, has finally broken his silence about the sequel to the Dark Knight. He has officially announced the film's title and he has also ruled out a character who was thought to helm the next movie as the villain.

Speaking to Hero Complex, Chris Nolan finally revealed that the Batman 3 title will be The Dark Knight Rises, and in a move that may surprise many of the Batman fans, he also stated that the film's villain will NOT be The Riddler.

Nolan also announced that the sequel would be shot in 2D rather than 3D, thereby retaining the high-definition IMAX approach that served him so well on the first two films.

The Dark Knight Rises will again be scripted by Christopher and Jonah Nolan, based on a story by David Goyer.

So which villain would you like to see terrorise Gotham City in part three? Could it be a female character, as rumoured yesterday?
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I'm not sure how I feel about the title (although it obviously is being used to play off the massive, borderline-ridiculous publicity the second movie garnered).

The 2D part isn't exactly breaking news, as Nolan has already stated that he has almost no interest in 3D as a technology at this time, as it requires lighting to be darker (or something along those lines). His panoramic shots in the Dark Knight were amazing, though, so I expect this one will be breathtaking as well.

As for the character: who knows. I think it's brilliant that they aren't using the Riddler, as I'm not sure how they can spin him off into a deep and brooding villain worthy of being the Joker's successor in this series. I have full confidence that, whoever they choose to depict here, will be portrayed and acted brilliantly. Because that's what Nolan is: Brilliant.
  3. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yes, I feel the same about the name.

The name sounds silly now, but seeing the trailers in the cinema and on billboards and posters in 2 years time (or whenever the movie is released), it will just feel and look right.

Its like Avatar 2 (also coming out in around 2 years time). The name alone will bring many people to the cinema.

As for IMAX, I cant wait, just watching it on that massive screen will be awesome, and if its shot in IMAX in its entirety will be truly breath taking.

Also, I'm hoping Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard work on the score, or at least
    James Newton Howard since his work thus far has been outstanding.

Whats even more amazing is the fact this is the last Batman movie Nolan will be working on. Its sad but it also makes me happy at the same time. I don't want this crazy roller-coaster to end, but its better that way.

Allowing it to end will also allow us to think and conjure up what could happen next. It keeps us thinking. We all know that Batman will live on forever, and so the movie couldn't go on forever without going stale. Ending it will allow it to live on in your memories forever.

I can just imagine sitting in the cinema and watching it as the credits roll with tears in my eyes and popcorn all around my seat.

I cant wait!
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I basically mimic every feeling you have, especially the bold.

Here's for a reboot of Superman, eh?

I agree with the score; James Newton Howard is someone that you don't usually hear about (at least not like Hans Zimmer or John Williams), but he produces fantastic work that really fits in with the attitude and theme of the movies.

Ah, this is seriously one of the only movies I ever expect to be truly excited about. This type of thing makes me happy to live when I do.
  5. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yh I couldn't agree more!

A Superman Reboot would be awesome!

James Newton does an amazing job of transporting you to the dream world that is the movie. When I was watching inception, the music blew me away. That ending scene? When Cobb is walking past everyone in slow motion, I was in tears. It was so beautiful.

When I watched the Dark Knight, the Score was the only thing I listened to. I would hide it on my iPhone, since most of the people I know try to be hip and cool with all this radio trash music, I would hide the score. When I was alone I would pull out my headphones on and indulge myself in the score. It was breath taking.

I actually remember waking up one night with the soundtrack on (as I sometimes fall asleep with my headphones on) and I could of swore I felt as if I woke up in heaven or something.

This movie, I just cant write in words how much it means to me. I seriously cant wait.

But I guess you understand how I feel.
  6. Bulbuzor

Bulbuzor New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sounds good

Though, we will only have about 6 months to see it cause then it's the end of the world (21 December)