Batch conversion?

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by Shawa, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4

Please Register or Log in to view images

^ Me at the moment.

I need to convert 40+ PSDs to JPEG. There is no automator action that supports .PSD, Preview is no good, I tried writing a simple applescript; that failed, and I can't seems to come up with a suitable Action in PS. I've Googled about, and can only find watermarking shareware.

There must be an easy way to do this. I would prefer an applescript or action over an application. Any ideas before I tear all my hair out?
  2. therobinsonator

therobinsonator New Member

i couldnt help ya there. So either pay for it or.... Do the other thing....
  3. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

OK, my implementation isn't perfect, but it's something I came up with in about 10 minutes, and haven't had much time to test it

Just drag the PSD files onto the droplet, and it should do the rest for you. Your processed files will be put in Pictures/Processed pictures.

I don't hold any responsibility for you using this droplet, if it messes up your pictures and you didn't make a backup, it's your own fault

4. rofl.

rofl. Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol, there is actually a super easy way to do this and should be built in to your computer (I am pretty sure mine is, because I just noticed it.) Click start, then click on my pictures (or navigate to your pictures in explorer.) ctrl + click your photos, right click then click on "convert to file format." click on bulk, then edit the properties, then accept.

5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Find the Start Menu in this Picture

6. rofl.

rofl. Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Usually, a smart person will say "Hmm, I don't have a start menu, maybe I should just go to the location of the image(s) (as stated above)" and then seeing if your computer has a built in image converter by right clicking (or apple + Q [I think] for mac.)

But then again, that requires knowledge.
  7. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    +1

Thanks Meik. I had a friend give me the ol' actions 101, so I think if figured it out. I'll try out the droplet too.

Edit Tried the droplet, I spat out a Disk Error. I successfully made an action to save as JPEG, but when I point Batch to it, it just saves them as a PSD.

Ideas?

This is no longer just to get my PSDs as JPEGs, but now I'm on a quest to figure out batch processing in Photoshop.