bass test songs.....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by soccerb12ku, Jan 10, 2008.

1. soccerb12ku

soccerb12ku New Member

are there songs to test your bass on your headphones? my friend was talking about this but don't know what hes talkin about..
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

He's probably referring to audio test tones. They are sine-wave pure tones generated at specific frequencies to allow you to test the quality and strength of those frequencies on your playback hardware and speakers/headphones.

Here is a site with 5 test tones from 100Hz up to 10KHz. Not really good for bass response tests but good for some lows, all the mids and some of the highs. Downloads are in WAV and MP3 format and are in either 5 or 30 second clips.

Here is another page with more test tones to download in WAV and MP3, which include pure solo frequencies from 10Hz to 15KHz (perfect for those high-end cans and IEMs that can rattle your sternum loose) in and out of phase, as well as full sweeps, EQ tests, stereo imaging tests, pink/white noise tests, and so on.

They're not really useful for the average Joe except as a matter of curiosity, but audiophiles can use these to give their kit a good workout to see how they respond across the spectrum.

If you're looking for actual music to give your cans a good test run, may I suggest "Underground" by Shakta? (From the double album "Feed the Flame") Deep, resonant bass notes, lots of stereo effects, sweeps and pans, subtle but crisp highs -- really good for an all-over real-world audio test.

Actually, most of the first CD of "Feed the Flame" makes for a good test bed.
  3. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

You will need summerboard download it off your installer.
  4. ayuzer

ayuzer New Member

wth does this have to do with the current thread, i assume you were tabbing multiple posts and replied the wrong one by accident?

Anyways back on topic, if you really want to test the bass levels of your ipod touch, you need one of those gears that actually records the levels of bass response.

If you just want to listen how low the bass of the ipod is, just listen to one of those audio testing files, but this will more likely test how low/high pitched your ears can respond to
  5. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

No, that's just skyline being skyline. He doesn't quite occupy the same space/time continuum we do. His long distance bills are astronomical.
  6. magikrio

magikrio New Member

"feel the bass" by "dj magic mike" is sure to test the limits of the headphones / speakers bass

thats the song i use to test my speakers to see if they are good or not... i believe only one set of speakers stopped working, and a good number of headphones?

im not sure if that was the actual answer you were looking for...? but i like to help where i can

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. 8gigaPodTouch

8gigaPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    how about this i got from Installer the AudioAmp.app what does this do? effects? or what? i install it but nothing happens

8. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

It amplifies the speaker on the iPhone. It does nothing on the Touch, and has nothing to do with testing sound.
  9. 8gigaPodTouch

8gigaPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yup just like what u said on my AudioAmp.app thread.

tnxz.

uninstall done!

10. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'd definitely recommend Mindfield's solution for a pure bass test. However, if you want to test it out with songs I'd recommend anything by the Blue Man Group.

If you aren't familiar with them, they are a non-talking performance group that plays mainly percussion instruments (they're backed up by a band). They have a CD with vocal songs called the Complex, but I prefer Audio, their instrumental album.