Basic Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iCeD00D, Feb 26, 2010.

1. iCeD00D

iCeD00D New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Good afternoon. I'm new to the scene so hopefully this wont be too noobish

Please Register or Log in to view images

... I have a few questions I'd like to throw out but before I do I'm using a 8GB test unit (soon to get my 32GB next week) and it's not jail broken:

* Is the default apple player the only player that can be used on the touch? I'm more of a visual person so I'd like to see the entire MP3 tag and not just a part of it. Guess I'm just use to Winamp.

* Is there a way to view the lyrics for a MP3 while playing? I listen to a lot of Trance which are 2hr+ sets and what I use to do was put the playlists inside the lyrics area when using my MP3 editors. On here all I see is the album art and artist.

* Is there a way to view the MP3 tag info while playing? Again some of my music is listed as #xxx (Like - Above and Beyond - 308, A state of Trance - 443) etc... Like to be able to see what I'm listening to.

* I've dloaded some appz and games on this 8GB touch. When my 32GB comes in can I re-dload/re-add the appz that I've already bought to the new player?

Thats all I have for now......... Thanks....
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

There are other programs such as MediaMonkey, doubleTwist and I also believe there are plugins that allow other programs (such as Windows Media Player) to be able to sync with your iPod. But iTunes is the only program that will be able to sync with your applications from the AppStore.

If you add the lyrics to the description of the song, you will be able to view them while listening.

Not sure what you really mean by this question, you should be able to see the song.

Yes, you can just redownload and resync them.
  3. ipodholic

ipodholic Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Yes. You might like an app called myPod. It's free, but you need to be connected to an active WiFi for it to work. What it does is, it gives you the Album artwork, lyrics and everything, you can add the tracks from your iPod Library.

If you dont have a WiFi and still want lyrics, search for the lyrics online, copy them and just go to your iTunes, Right click on the song, click get info, click on the Lyrics tab and paste the lyrics there.

Yes.

Yes, you can. Make sure they are synced to iTunes first, then you can sync them into you new iPod.
  4. iCeD00D

iCeD00D New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks much for the inputs ... I'll give it a shot...