Basic Developer app?

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Killa-X, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Killa-X

Killa-X Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Some people like to be able to make simple apps for their own entertainment. But your not by a PC! What do you do

Please Register or Log in to view images

Why not create a program...Maybe ill try to make a simple games with 1 and 0s...

As some of us do, People in school like to sit and make programs for the TI-83 or TI-84 in class. some, for entertainment. others, for creativity. So I ask you developers, Would it be hard to make a Solid type-base programmer for the ipod? Where its in basics and you can create simple apps where like the TI-84, you have full creativity to almost anything you want
  2. psychofish25

psychofish25 New Member

It's extremely possible. Here's why...

First off, I program TIs all the time and I can tell you that the code you enter is never truly compiled, it is simply run under a large engine built into the calculator.

In fact, I have made one of these "compilers" in Python, a language I called XSSIV (hehehe) and it worked great.

To do this on the iPod would not be difficult at all, simply prewrite lines of code and have them executed seperately, or even write code step by step, such as Python or Ruby.

If anyone thinks this is a good idea, I would surely code such an app.
  3. Killa-X

Killa-X Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I do :O. Do u make apps on a mac? Or a windows? Maybe I can beta test for
    you if you decide to make it, you'd put me in heaven

-- 2nd iPod touch post

4. psychofish25

psychofish25 New Member

I actually run a hackintosh so I can develop for either platform. Since this is an iPod/iPhone app however, I will need to make it on Mac OSX Leopard.

I have run into a problem.
    My iPod is in DFU mode, and I cannot jailbreak 2.0, and my iPod won't even restore to a specific firmware, only 1.1.5. It's annoying me to an extreme.
  5. Killa-X

Killa-X Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is jailbreaking the only way to make / send apps? I was really hoping i didn't have to jailbreak...SSH never worked for me.