Basic app pack

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by dude111115, Jul 1, 2009.

1. dude111115

dude111115 Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey, i am tired of re-installing so many things of cydia on my ipod when i restore it, ( which is quite frequently, i have so many problems with my 1G touch that i get very ticked off at it, and i end up restoring it for some reason or another every like 5-7 days ) well, i suggest someoen make an app or something that will install some of the basics for cydia, like, OpenSSH, or, even something that just automaticly updates the changes for you when you just get it. i also think that making cydia to where you could just browse through a list and tick checkboxes off for what things you want to install so you could save time or something. like when ur browsing the little tweaks or some other category, there should be a box next to it so u just check it then keep scrolling down to install something else so you can install multiple things at once.
  2. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    That is actually a really good idea!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thats called a 'Queue'

is going into cydia and clicking update really that much?

Also, whats up with the restore every 5 days, what are you installing/messing up?
  4. dude111115

dude111115 Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    well, i have a 1G ipod touch, so ya its annoying for me. i dont use the queue, because after you que something, it takes 20seconds to reload the apps listed in there. lol, if the 1G didnt have such a slow processor i might not mind as it could probly run faster. haha, no clicking update isnt that much, but having a tweak or something to do it automaticly is kind of helpful. plus, if it could be something that automaticly installs the changes RIGHT after you install cydia, that would be great. lol the whole reason i made this thread is because im tired of restoring my ipod, instaling cydia, getting back all the things i downloaded into cydia, ( tweaks mods repos ) in the end it all takes me about 2-3 hours. i dont feel like taking that long .
  5. Yerffej

Yerffej New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This would be very useful. People come to me all the time to hack their ipods, and it's very annoying to install the basics over and over again.
  6. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    PkgBackup, found in Cydia, is supposed to help.
  7. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i only find the all the basic stuff like openssh in a package useful. thats a really good idea, someone should make that. like have winterboard, openssh, sbsettings, etc all in one

8. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Accounts

What if instead of a backup method we could have Cydia accounts where it saves all of your repos and packages and then if you needed to restore you re-jailbreak and sign into Cydia and bring up your account page where it can show you a list of all your installed apps and packages and you can uncheck whichever ones you'd like to be removed from your re-install list and then just hit Install all. It would surely take a while but much quicker than manually finding and installing everything you had again. In fact watch the Application Ideas section in a while I'm gonna make a new thread and create a mock up of how it would work.
  9. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    You can get the .deb packages you want after installing with Cydia, then install them through SSH

10. dude111115

dude111115 Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    how.tell me. How.