Band Crashes with sound patches

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by nytrancemaster88, May 10, 2008.

1. nytrancemaster88

nytrancemaster88 New Member

For some reason every time i put new instruments in Band it keeps on crashing it and the itouch restarts itself, do i have to change the permission or is there a little bug in the program, ireally want to use this program as a DJ i cant stop playing with it. Thanks =]
  2. sophieslover92

sophieslover92 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have the same problem. I guess it's a bug in the app. The app will be instable when you put more and more Sound Packs in it.
  3. tian_kr

tian_kr New Member

anybody found a fix yet?
  4. nytrancemaster88

not yet i tried messing with the permissions and that didnt do anything, i want to my instruments =] i hope theres a fix real soon
  5. MadMoney

MadMoney New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    works fine for me and i have like 10 instruments

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. nytrancemaster88

wtf how can that be, do you people think there might be a program that is casuing it to crash??
  7. tian_kr

tian_kr New Member

i have like all the default instruments, and 3-4 more.
    when i add more than that it crashes
  8. nytrancemaster88

arghhhhh for the person that said have there band working what are the apps that you have on your device, I would like to try to some how figure this out thanks
  9. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

It is probably crashing because you ran out of memory.

As you can imagine, all those samples use up a lot of memory. And what's more, I've given everyone free reign via "user-instruments" to try to load in as many samples as they want. In an ideal world I'd be able to read the free memory of the device during startup and only load in as many instruments as there was space for. However, after quite a bit of searching I've found no way to do this as yet. (Answers on a postcard...)

The workaround, as described in the in-app manual, is to first ensure that you don't have any other large processes running (such as leaving Safari), and secondly to uninstall any large instruments (via Installer.app, or, better, FTP) that cause you to run out of memory. I say FTP is better because that gives you freedom to pick and choose your instruments to delete, which may very well be some of the ones in the original install. 12 Bar Blues, if not to your taste, is a pretty big memory hog.

There are various reasons why this will be less of a problem under Firmware 2.0 which I won't bore you with, but obviously anything that crashes the application is a bug that I will aim to find a fix for. The main hurdle is to find out the current free memory from within an app, which is something I've been unable to do so far.
  10. nytrancemaster88

thank for getting back there enough memory for the program, but i really cant see how that could be the program. i just really hope this can be resolved, because i must say its an awesome program and i would love to really take full advantage of the program. Like the other great apps that you made I put a lot of instruments and the apps never crashed. There just might be a little bug i guess dealing with memory management that keeps on crashing Band. =]