Badge Permission - to everyone, for whatever...

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by TheAppleTree, Jun 17, 2008.

1. TheAppleTree

TheAppleTree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Hello everyone -
    First let me say thank you - I have received an absolute ton of feedback about Badge from you guys through my threads, personal messages, theme-related email, and personal email. So much, in fact, I really couldn't dream of keeping up right now, due to the fact that I have a very demanding job that has really kicked into high gear... my husband and I are planning and packing for a move across the country... and a multitude of other reasons, too numerous, boring, or personal to mention.

I'd like to address the primary subject of your emails here; regarding permission to create various permutations or releases of Badge either on Customize or your own personal repos:
    Consider yourselves officially free to do whatever you like with my work. I'm honored that so many of you feel strongly enough about it that you want to play with it, and I appreciate that you took time to ask me before doing whatever you liked.

Honestly, I have given up on regulating my work in any way. Thanks to Customize 2.0, neither I, nor any other theme maker for that matter, has any guarantee that our work won't be poached. While the program has undoubtedly taken theme distribution to an entirely new level, nothing prevents an individual from falsely claiming work to be theirs (or simply not mentioning the original author), poorly or partially uploading the material, or just grossly misrepresenting it in some way. I have come to terms with the fact that I no longer have the ability to regulate the quality of the distribution of my work in any way. Given that the community at large now has the ability to present my work however they see fit, I certainly won't place any restrictions on those of you who are courteous enough to ask.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thank You so much TheAppleTree!
  3. Bibbi Bokken

Bibbi Bokken New Member

4. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I hate those people who take credit for amazing work that they never could've even tried to create. AppleTree, we are going to hunt them down for you. Shouldn't be that hard since they advertised all over customize 2.0.

5. tylobedo

tylobedo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    funny I just emailed u a few mind ago asking for permission
  6. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    This is awesome news. So much can be done with this theme.
  7. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Thank you so much, your name will be pasted on my badge mods release page most people will think you made it anyway

... expect the release of the badge mods theme by the weekend, i have to remake the icons cause im obsessive compulsive..

i just felt like pasting this here lol
  8. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    just make sure they give you credit!

9. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    although im not gonna make a mod or w/e...i am so jealous of ur husband right now =P
    i think everyone will remember that the great BADGE was created by TheAppleTree and TheAppleTree only
  10. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would like to start by saying thank you. You have one of the best attitudes towards your already incredible work. Probably the most selfless person I have seen on this site. I hope everyone gives you the credit you deserve if they post modifications.