bad video quality ?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Campi, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Campi

Campi New Member

hi i have now 11 movies on ipod touch....lot of podcasts....and even tried a hd trailer....but all have very bad video quality on ipod touch....

movies are not watchable and i want to know if this is normal ? i converted some from avi some with itunes...it cant be the source i think....do you all have the same problem ?
  2. edmarriner

edmarriner New Member

what is the 4th and 5th digits of the ipods serial number ( look on the box )

There were many screen issues with ipods made before around week 38 (ish)

Or it could just be the videos them selfs, have you tried converting the videos with somthing other than iTunes?

-cheers,
    -ed
  3. Campi

Campi New Member

45 are the 4-5 digits of serial number

yes i used freez ipod converter...
  4. edmarriner

edmarriner New Member

well as the reports from other members go there has been any really widespread issues a ipod that late on.

Maybe your ipod just happens to be defective.

Have you tried comparing your video quality from you ipod with someone elses, if you dont know anybody who has one maybe some online videos may help you to compare.

Can you describe what you feel is wrong the video playback ( e.g. too dark etc... )

also check out this on your ipod:
    http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/small/
    can you see all the bars?
  5. Campi

Campi New Member

the resolution is bad...its grumpy...not fine...like a youtube video :/ maybe u have a trailer or something i can download where you would say that is a good quality ?!
  6. edmarriner

edmarriner New Member

7. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Use a different converter. Try Videora, with a high bitrate.
  8. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  9. Campi

Campi New Member

ok thx guys....yeah it was the converter...i used 3 different converters...but i think those are all the same only with different names....i read in tread about it....and itunes converter is also bad....i tried now videora...and everythink ok now except!

this dark/black inverted display problem....where can i find more information about it....i think i have this problem...i watch a video and all black and dark places are not watchable....only if i look at my touch from different directions i can see littlebit "detailed" dark....but most of the time its kinda inverted an not detailed....

what i found that i have to look after kw38/kw37 like this....but on my box is no KW....can someone help me with information didnt found with google or search sry

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. edmarriner

edmarriner New Member

im not sure what the kw thing is about? Maybe you are talking about the week the ipod was made? (week 38 / 37) If so then you find out wich week it was made by looking at the serial, but you have already doen this, your ipod was made in week 45.

The inverted black issue was ment to have been sorted with a while back but i it could still happen in some one-off cases possibly. It was due the glass cover over screen not being fitted correctly creating a "glitery" look.

There have also been other instances where people dont think the blacks they are getting are true blacks, this sounds more like what your seeing. Some screen lose detail in shadows and other dark images/videos on the screen.There nothing you can do to fix this, only exchange it for another ipod

If you are not happy with your ipods screen simply take it back to the apple store ( or where you bought it ) and exchange it for a new one.

cheers,
    -ed