Bad problem and force restore wont work. I swear its bricked

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by Kyn, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Kyn

Kyn New Member

Does anyone have a 1.1.3 firmware download file that I can use? When I go into force restore ( the screen that shows iTunes logo and USB ) and click on restore, a number of problems occur. First, I cannot sync my ipod. Second the only screen in iTunes i can see when I go into the iPod section of iTunes is the screen asking if I want the January update. When I click on no thanks it sends me to the iTunes home page store. This happens over and over if I repeat the same process. Next my iPod looks totally normal but when I go into settings>general>about> it says my firmware is 1.1.3(4A93) so iTunes is not restoring me to normal 1.1.3.

I would really appreciate any help I can get. I have gone into recovery mode many times and had the same thing happen to me. I cannot restore to 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 either. I don't know what to do.

Thanks
  2. Kyn

Kyn New Member

help please
  3. deathdr0ne

deathdr0ne New Member

Someone said this already in here but to properly go into DFU mode you will need to do the following:

1.open itunes
    2.plug in ipod
    3. push and hold the power/sleep and home button
    4. your ipod should reboot
    5. when you see your ipod disappear from the left side of the itunes screen release the power button but keep holding the home button
    6.when itunes sees your ipod again release the home button
    7.your screen on you ipod will stay blank this is normal it's the DFU mode
    8.up/downgrade your ipod by holding shift and left clicking the restore button.
    9.pick your firmware file ipod1,1_1.1.X_xxxx_restore.ipsw
    10. restore your ipod, and wait.
    11. If you get any error messages whatsoever like (error 2003, 1604) or something along those lines then you are going to have to reboot your computer and repeat these steps.
  4. soccerpro100cn

soccerpro100cn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    haha wow I can't believe what you just said. You think your iPod is bricked, but it starts up and let's you use it? Wow ur smart. Just keep pressing the small X button on the loading area. You know where it says loading iTunes store, yea just keeping pressing the X
  5. deathdr0ne

deathdr0ne New Member

Yeah I gave those instructions just to tell them how to downgrade if that is what they want to do... But yeah lol @ "ipod looks normal but cannot change to 1.1.2" with "it's bricked!" in the title.
  6. Astrofly

Astrofly New Member

Thanks!!! RELIEF! I had the exact same issue with my 1.1.2 16GB iPod. I just got it and I plugged it into itunes 7.6.0.29 which updated it to 1.1.3. I thought I would try the ipodtouchmaster 1.1.1 downgrade and jailbreaking 1.1.2 tutorial to see what it was all about. Everything I read said that if it didn't work out you could simply restore back to factory settings. Well the 1.1.2 jailbreak caused my iPod to report only 300 MB total memory and iTunes wouldn't recognize it. I tried Force restore and I chose the 1.1.3 firmware backup, and then I had this iTunes problem where it wouldn't show the contents of the iPod. I think Apple is inserting surprise code into iTunes so that it screws up iPods that are being modified.
  7. Astrofly

Astrofly New Member

No his iPod had a major problem and so did mine. It seemed like it worked right but it would not show the iPods files in iTunes or sync with iTunes..
  8. deathdr0ne

deathdr0ne New Member

Well did the above method I listed work for you?
  9. rawland

rawland New Member

i had same problem - solved by entering hard reset and restoring to 1.1.3 - so i can see ipod folders now in itunes
  10. NeonBlack

NeonBlack New Member

I have a very similar problem... I started with a jailbroken 1.1.1 ipod touch, and used the ijailbreak mobile 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 update method. After one failed try during one of the download steps, I tried again and it worked fine. I installed the new apps and ran the cleanup, etc.. The ipod works great except for now I can no longer use the alarm sounds, and I just realized last night that I am having a little bit of trouble syncing it with itunes.

Itunes sees the ipod just fine, but asks if I want the Jan. software update, no matter what I say it takes me to the itunes store and my media libraries (music, video, pictures) do not show up underneath my ipod on the sidebar. I can add music just fine by dragging from my main library to the ipod, but I just can't take anything off of it since it doesn't show up. I suppose it isn't a huge problem since it isn't full in the first place. I guess I could just clear all content on the ipod and start adding music bit by bit if and when it gets full.

It sure would be nice to not have to go through all of that trouble however. It sounds like my best option would be to enter restore mode while linked up to my computer and restore to a virgin 1.1.3 state if I want to be able to see all of the folders in itunes again. Would my best bet be to restore to 1.1.3, downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak, upgrade to 1.1.2 jailbreak, then use the ijailbreak mobile 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 update method? Anyone have any ideas?