Bad experience...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sayma3, Jul 15, 2010.

1. sayma3

sayma3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Just thought I'd share my story with you guys.
    I got my iPhone 4 32GB on release date, happy as Larry.
    About a week later I noticed that the calls were very quiet. I called Apple and they said to take it to the nearest Genius bar (an hour on the train). On my way to town I went to O2 and told them about the problem, to which they said they would just give me a new phone but it would be a week before they would have them in stock, but they would (not supposed to) reserve one for me.
    I figured I would to to the Genius bar anyway just to see what they said, but turned out that they said it was damaged and it wouldnt be covered. I just left it that rather than arguing because O2 would replace it for me anyway. So I got myself Nandos and went home.
    The weekend just gone I went to T in the park, arriving on the Friday. Set up camp, all good, strong 3G connection, powerful portable battery which should have lasted most of the weekend. Videoed most of La Roux (quality). Headlining was Muse, and I took out my phone to video them right from the front of the stage. A song came on that I didn't recognise and so I put it back in my pocket. Literally 45 seconds later, Hysteria came on, and thought I'd video it. No iPhone in my pocket anymore.
    I pushed the surrounding people away from me to look on the floor but I couldn't see anything anywhere. I figured I'd wait till the end of the performance to see if I could see anything on the floor around me, or someone picking anything up, but there were people picking stuff up allover the place and none of it looked like an iPhone. I tried to track the phone via find iPhone (mobileme) but it didn't pick anything up until 2 hours later and it was in edinburgh, so obviously someone planning on not handing it back. I pushed a message to it giving another mobile number to call if it had been found, which had been confirmed by mobileme to have been recieved, but still nothing.
    After accepting that I'd lost it I went to O2 again explaining the situation and wasn't given any solution other than to get another one via Apple. So I joined the 3 week waiting list.
    Luckily the guy who I spoke to in the O2 store came up with the solution of giving me one of his 30% discounts on the iPhone if I took out a new contract.
    It works out that for a 32GB iPhone on an 18th month contract paying £50 per month (£35 with the discount) comes to £700 in total (the phone costing £129). However, having 2 contracts, I figured I'd just give the sim to my mum and she can give me a tenner a month for 18 months (her normal top up). So that makes it £520 for a new iPhone and no waiting list. Lucky turn out, but absolutely gutted about losing it with no god damn insurance.
    Anyone got any bad stories yet? I know it's very early haha.
  2. sphinx1994

sphinx1994 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ouch, some people are losers, and you must feel gutted, i feel for you ;(
  3. ipodluverlikestotouch

ipodluverlikestotouch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    omfg! thats so bad man

Please Register or Log in to view images

i am defo taking a bad phone to TITP next year
  4. Invisible Man

Invisible Man Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    WTF? :S thats awful.
  5. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    there should be a little detonator inside the iphone so if they aren't giving it back.... BOOM
  6. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I am so lucky I own an iPod +phone so there's 2* more chance of not losing go me! and heaped then the iphone but I want an iPhone for no reason