bad build or is it general...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by livioo, Jul 27, 2008.

1. livioo

livioo New Member

OK I'm getting real pissed now... You know the black plastic ring around the screen?... is it normally well glued to the chrome plate or does it have gaping holes like mine... damn it's hard to explain... but a picture is worth a thousand words so you have 3000 right here:

Please Register or Log in to view images

So is it normally that badly glues or is it because I dropped mine (ergo the dent in the plastic...)... I don't think it is because I dropped it.. it has the same bad gluing @ the antenna corner as well...
  2. Lee

Lee New Member

Looks like you have a poor quality unit dude !

If mine was like that out of the box it would have been back on its way to the shop for a replacement !

Mind dropping it would not have done the unit any favours.... lol

3. livioo

livioo New Member

Damn

A friend of mine bought this from the Apple Store on 5th Avenue in New York... how the hell could it be a bad unit... damn it... also I don't have an official Apple Store in my country so I can't replace the unit... I only have "authorized Apple partners" :-|. They'll probably ask for the receipt (I threw that away) and would probably say that if "it isn't broken, we won't fix it...."

god f***ing damn it I am so mad... why didn't I see this before...
  4. Lee

Lee New Member

WoW dude chill............. its not the end of life as we know it !

You are stuck if you cannot retrieve the reciept unless your friend purchased this on his credit card as his/her statement proves the purchase, and in certain cases the credit card company will fight the case if apple declines, although like I said, dropping the unit will not land weight to your claim.

If all else fails then get a nice case for it !

In the end if the unit still works as it should then enjoy.
  5. livioo

livioo New Member

Dude, it's worth half of my monthly salary... plus the fact that I waited like, a year till my friend arrived from the States and brought me my iPod... of course I'm mad... plus I dropped the damn thing on asphalt... stupid mistake... but I'm pretty sure the damn thing was poorly built to begin with...

But look what I found... I dunnow if it's as bad as mine but still... ENGADGET?!

------------------double post merged------------------
    Does anybody else have this problem...

ty
  6. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i dk know what i am seeing there but mine is fine all around. except for the attenna... it look like it i sinking in.
  7. fullback

fullback New Member

chill dude. mine is like that as well. the fact that the pictures are in macro make the gaps seem bigger than they are. i can stick a piece of paper through the gap in my iPod.
  8. livioo

livioo New Member

I thought of that too... I can stick a piece of paper as well... in fact that's how I clean it

... it takes out all the dust... I'm pretty calm now... still... it's pretty annoying knowing it's there don't you think...