iOS 4.0 Backups

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by AudioJihad, Aug 12, 2010.

1. AudioJihad

AudioJihad New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey guys

Just jailbroke my iphone on 4.0.1 and was wondering about backups in itunes.
    I'm a regular backup...er and wanna know how this works. Now that I'm jailbroken and want to continue backing up in itunes, will restoring these backups, should I become unbroken and back to factory restored settings, restore all of my changes to anything that is supported by apple (texts apps ect) while missing out whatever is included with a jailbreak? or?
  2. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It will be the same as before. The backups won't interfere with the jb. The only way to get rid of it is by restoring.

The only thing is if you use lets say MakeItMine to change the carrier logo and create a backup afterthat. If you restore and become unjailbroken, then restore from the backup the carrier logo will say what MakeItMine changed it to.
  3. rykah

rykah Member

Haha, awesome! Next time I have to restore to a higher firmware, I'm making sure I use MIM first.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Haha yeah when I restored my iPhone 4 from my 3G backup, I had changed the carrier logo to M-Tel. A week later I went to the apple store to see if they had any TV Out cables, so I showed one of the employes my phone. I think he was left wondering why it said M-Tel instead of ATT. All he asked me was is this jailbroken. I played stupid with him and told him jailbreak? Whats that?
  5. rykah

rykah Member

Haha, smooth. XD
  6. AudioJihad

AudioJihad New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Why is that?
    Do these rules apply to any other GUI changes such as sounds or icons etc?