backups

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Scarecr0w, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Scarecr0w

Scarecr0w New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've got an MC model IPT, firmware 3.1.2, jailbroken and all.

I've been playing pokémon blue on the gb4iphone, but i'm thinking i might take it to an apple store, as it's got dust under the screen. obviously this would involve restoring the IPT.

I was wondering if there was a way to backup absolutely everything on the IPT, so i can restore it later. some way of saving the .ispw file or something? something that includes all the saved games on all my apps... i was thinking perhaps SSHing into it and moving the files, but if there's an easier way i'd love to hear. thanks.
  2. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Backup your iTunes apps on iTunes and I think you can use Cyder for the jailbroken games/apps. Beware because you will need to have the 3.1.2 firmware file which I cannot provide here.
  3. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  4. Magnum

Magnum New Member

5. Scarecr0w

Scarecr0w New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the help, but that's not what i mean.

I tried that once before, just to see what happens. All of the backup apps from cydia are essentially just a list of the 3rd party apps i've downloaded... They don't save any saved data, and restoring from a backup i've created on my itunes doesn't restore the saved data for my appstore approved apps.