Backup your shsh's!

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by Ryan, May 1, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Ok guys!

BACK UP YOUR 3.1.3 SHSH's!

The point of the spirit delay is to allow time to get SHSH blobs, especially on the 3G iPad.

You don't need a SHSH blob to jailbreak, but you do need it to restore or downgrade if something goes wrong or you accidentally upgrade. For 3.1.2 (required for blackra1n, etc.), Apple is no longer handing out blobs, but for 3.1.3 and 3.2, you can still get blobs-- and should do so ASAP!

To do this, if you are currently jailbroken, just open Cydia; if you are not, I recommend using AutoSHSH by ih8sn0w (http://www.[PIRACY.mf].com/?dznm5a5mkcw). Simply plug in the device in recovery mode and press the button, the shsh will be stored locally and also sent to cydia's server for future use.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Basically comex is not releasing Spirit because he is worried that as soon as he releases it Apple will release a fix in a few days and people will update to this new firmware. This means that people WILL LOSE THE CURRENT JAILBREAK. and therefore it is ESSENTIAL that as many people as possible back up their devices SHSH's so that IF they do update to this new firmware, they can always just downgrade to 3.1.3 using their SHSH's.​
  2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Thanks, front paged.
  3. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

I've waited a few months, so a few days to a week more couldn't hurt

4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Its just making sure that you can downgrade if anything goes wrong after Apple stop allowing you to restore with the 3.1.3 firmware

better safe than sorry!
  5. yesno123

yesno123 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My cydia doesn't have the button to back up shsh and I am 100% sure I don't have this button so there's no point of saying what it looks like. How do I backup my shsh if I don't have this button in cydia?
  6. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Read the top first post, theres a link providing you how to auto shsh your 3.1.3 blog
  7. Rudolph Shitler

Rudolph Shitler Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Would you guys say it's likely that Spirit will be released before the weekend is over?
  8. lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I have already backed up my SHSH on my Ipod Touch(3.1.2 firmware) I don't have to upgrade to 3.1.3 and do the same thing right? Also, when I DO get the Ipad(Im not getting the 3g) do I also have to backup the SHSH or do I not have to worry about that?
  9. CsSxPlay3r

CsSxPlay3r Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I tied my Macbook with my iPad. Can I still do the AutoSHSH on my windows 7 PC with itunes that is a little lower then when the iPad came out?
  10. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Just give it a go using one of the umbrella-based methods in the original post, if it fails update iTunes and try again.