Backup with SSH, Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by meowy, Feb 15, 2010.

1. meowy

meowy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi,
    I want to do an upgrade to the firmware of my iTouch but I do not want to lose my apps, games and the most important, games saves (records, scores) and stuff.
    So, i looked around and I saw that for the installed apps, in SSH the folder is in/private/var/mobile/Applications (right?) and now I want to backup the game saves of the apps/games, and I think the folders are, /var/mobile/documents or applications/documents, but when I go to these folders, they are empty, no files or wahtsoever, someone help me? I have many saves i wouldnt want to lose.

Sumarized: What are the folders I need to backup if I want to keep Applications and game saves (/Documents folder is empty)

I have 2G firm 3.0 jailbreked and wanted to upgrade to 3.1.x
    Also, is 3.1.3 much different from 3.1.2? which should i upgrade to? If I get cydia paid apps and things.
  2. maxam

maxam Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Its suppose to be in the documents. Check your other apps with save games which you didnt check.
  3. meowy

meowy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So, are the game saves on the Documents file on every applications file? I mean "Application"/Documents?
    Because I have just checked there and in some games there's an empty Folder, and on the ones which there was some info I really don't know if it's the game save.

Just want to know where the game saves are ): Or why the Documents Folder is empty.