Backup request!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by messageman3, Feb 3, 2008.

1. messageman3

messageman3 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    does anyone out there have a backup of their ipod filesystem, and if not, would anyone be kind enough to make one for me? i need a full copy of all of the files / folders in the ipod touch - mine was corrupted by a bad installation of 1.1.3....

could anyone please help me?

thank you,

messageman3
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Why don't you force restore? If your iPod is completely corrupted, it might just be easier. Then you can just re-sync your stuff over.
  3. messageman3

messageman3 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    how would i do that? all of the binaries in the /bin folder are missing, and god knows what else! would a force restore give me all of these back? - it is mainly the contents of that folder that i need - like cd etc
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can force restore by following these instructions: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2790

And what it basically does is wipes your iPod completely clean, and restores it to factory condition (like when you bought it). You'll need to re-transfer all of your stuff over and re-jailbreak though.
  5. messageman3

messageman3 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, followed the instructions to the letter, but i still don't have any of the binaries and terminal doesn't work at all still - /usr/bin/login: File does not exist
    #cd
    cd: not found

the kind of restore i need is to completely rewrite the filesystem - from a backup

Please Register or Log in to view images

any ideas?

thanks