Backup jailbroken ipod touch apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by keepittidy, May 12, 2009.

1. keepittidy

keepittidy New Member

Hi all,

Just got my first ipod (touch 16gb ver 2.2.1) and am loving it !!

My question is :

I've used redsn0w to jailbreak my touch and this worked perfectly, I use an app called Golf tracker from the app store which keeps track of my golf scores.
    What i was wondering is when the ipod firmware 3 comes out, would upgrading my touch to version 3 wipe my data and thus loose all my scores i'd stored or would i be able to backup with itunes before the update and then restore the data back (i assume it works like this for un-jailbroken ipods but not sure about jailbroken ones).

Thanks in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    what i used was aptbackup. unfortunately it didnt work fully, so i also used a program called cyder. its for windows and all you do is download all the packages onto your computer and when u restore just resync with cyder and all ur apps are there.

heres a guide: (NOT BY ME)
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161960
  3. shiben589

shiben589 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    pavan, its an appstore app, those things will not affect it

keepittidy, when your ipod backs up with itunes, its settings (including appstore app settings and scores) are saved, so if you click "restore from backup" after you restore, they should all be on there

more to the point, when you upgrade to 3.0, you will be clicking the update button, not the restore button, and all of your settings, music, and videos will be left completely intact
  4. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oh im sorry i skimmed the OP lol and the title says backup jailbroken ipod touch apps so...