backup cydia apps for restore and rejailbreak

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by agent 47, Apr 1, 2010.

1. agent 47

agent 47 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a 2g Ipod touch running on jailbroken 2.2.1 with lots of cydia apps, is there a way to backup all these apps without aptbackup,(i want to update to 3.1.2) i'v heard ppl talk about just sshing into the ipod and dragging out certain folders and dragging them back in later, does this work, please i need this fixed before saturday
    also, does isafecopy beta still work, i know the new full version doesn't send ppl their access codes or something down that line, but there are lots of links to the beta version on google
  2. Sinbin

Sinbin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Good question - I'd like to know myself. I looked up how on YouTube and installed 'ApptBackup' not realizing the person was using it for his iTouch 1G !!! Crashed my iTouch - the irony

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Luckily it's OK now

but I'd still like to know how. I also tried 'TouchCopy' but that doesn't back up cydia etc.
  3. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    just make a list of what you had, and re-install everything after the restore/re-jailbreak
  4. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Use PKGBackup. It's four bucks but definitely worth it. Very reliable and has served me well through multiple restores. You simply make a backup of your Cydia files, sync with iTunes, restore, sync with iTunes and restore from backup with iTunes, jailbreak, download PKGBackup, and hit restore. It will download and install everything back to how it was before the restore.
  5. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    If you have SBOrganizer, in addition to PkgBackup, I understand even the springboard will be restored with the icons in the order you have, and the theme selection I think. I haven't had to restore.
  6. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if you download things through rock and have a rock ID then you can download what you downloaded before in a couple of taps
  7. Sinbin

Sinbin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks everyone

. I haven't had a chance yet (been trying other apps

) but will try SBOrganizer and PkgBackUp later.
  8. Richard7666

Richard7666 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So these apps don't actually 'back up' anything other than a list of apps to be redownloaded automatically, and some settings?

Have I got that right?
  9. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah that's right. They just get redownloaded and installed. The list is stored as a contact, that's how it works after a restore because iTunes backs up contacts.