Backup calendar, contacts and bookmark

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by floydstyle, Oct 19, 2007.

1. floydstyle

floydstyle New Member

Hello all,

I succesfully jailbreaked my touch to add the +calendar function which was the first reason why I bought my ipod to replace my old sony cliƩ.

My question is, how to backup my calendar, contacts and maybe also my bookmarks?

When I reset the touch to jailbreak, I tought by resync at the end, I'd have my contacts and bookmarks back which I didn't

Please Register or Log in to view images

nb.: I'm on windows xp

any idea?
  2. yonga

yonga New Member

Yes, I need that answer, too!
    Regarding the Safari bookmarks I suppose you could link those with Safari on your computer and sync them via iTunes (there's an option for that). I haven't tried that yet, though.
    My main browsers are Firefox and Netscape, so I'd use Safari (on my PC) only as a bookmark-backup for the iPod.

Being able to add calendar events on the iPod is a nice thing, but if they don't sync back to my Outlook there's not much actual use. Sooo... do we need a "Syncbackhack"?

Syncing-back the Notes would be very sweet, too.

One thing about my Contacts. When I edit them on the Touch they are not synched back to my Windows Contacts. I don't understand this because editing contacts is a native iPod Touch function and should work on every device, jailbroken or not.

Help!
  3. floydstyle

floydstyle New Member

wow so many ppl complaining that apple didn't install the same calendar app from the iphone (able to add calendar in the touch) and nobody cares to bacup their stuff!

come on, there must be a way to do it no?
  4. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    BOom.....Bumped!! need an answer