Backup before 2.0!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Willrob, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Willrob

Willrob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Apple notes that your iPhone/iPod touch will be erased in order to perform the 2.0 install.

"Normally if you choose to update, the iPhone or iPod touch software is updated but your settings and media are not affected. If your device currently has a software version prior to 2.0 (1.x) and you are updating to software version 2.0 or later, all data on your device will be erased in order to perform install the new software. In this case, iTunes will offer to create a one-time media backup of your device depending on what content is on your device and what content is stored in the iTunes Library you are connected to. You should ensure that you have enough free space on your Mac or PC to accommodate a backup that matches the capacity of your iPhone or iPod touch (4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB, or 32 GB) if you proceed with the this backup," explains Apple.
  2. Remix

Remix New Member

Woot...
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I read this on TUAW, thanks for the heads up.
  4. Jimmy Maz

Jimmy Maz New Member

dont call me a n00b but how do u do this backup, my mate bought some songs on itunes with his account and put them on my ipod, will they and all of my settings get erased?

any help is greatlly appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images