backup and restore from backup some edited .plist files..?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ManGforce, Sep 18, 2010.

1. ManGforce

ManGforce Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok so i have edited N7AP.plist in /System/Library/CoreService/SpringBoard.app and have enabled multitasking and home screen wallpaper on my 2g touch mc 8gb (4.0 with jailbreakme.com)
    but say i took a backup, restored my touch, and restored from backup and never jailbroke, will itunes restore the edited file?
    also, i have enabled battery percentage by editing N7AP.plist, but i had to edit General.plist too in /Applications/Preference.app, so will itunes backup and restore those 2 files?
    like, ive heard so many people saying that upgraded their jb devices by accident and restored from backup, and they had their enabled features or some other stuff they have done when they had their device jailbroken, so im just wondering if itunes will back them up cuz i wanna remove the jb cuz im not using cydia at all, not even cracked apps, i just jailbroke to enable those features ^^

k thanks
    any info is appreciated!
  2. JoshH100

JoshH100 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    No,if you restore you will lose all of the edited .plist files.Believe me,I've restored and the files aren't modified.
  3. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think it works but only for the old 2g and the iphone 3g.
  4. ManGforce

ManGforce Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    but, i dont understand how some ppl dont lose some modification that they have..
    like for example,on some website,someone said he had saurik theme on from winterboard, he restored and restored from backup, and the font was restored from backup too.... how!!??