Backup after Jailbreak...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by rhoff11, Dec 13, 2008.

1. rhoff11

rhoff11 New Member

What happens after you jailbreak your device and then you back it up with iTunes? Does the backup just save App Store and regular iPod apps data?

Okay, basically want to know if when i jailbreak, i can backup data from "day 1" and then later on "day 5" i can restore from that backup and have all my app store game data, mail stuff and everything else...
  2. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The backup saves eveything it normally would on an unjailbroken iPod, the Applications, the icon order, the settings, etc. It will not back up the cydia/installer apps, any themes, or any other files that you can only get when you jailbreak. There are two applications in cydia that can help: AptBackup and AppBackup. They both have instructions
  3. rhoff11

rhoff11 New Member

Ok so in my iphones case, all of my calls and texts can be backed up even though my iphone is still jailbroken and if i restore from a backup i made with the iphone jailbroken i can still restore from that backup and have all my recent stuff...?

Thanks for the replies
  4. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't have an iPhone (I have an iPod Touch), but if the back up function in iTunes generally backs up texts and calls, then it will do the same when your iPhone is jailbroken. Basically, anything a normal backup would save is still saved; the backup function is not affected.