backlight off stuck in restore mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Codfish, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Codfish

Codfish New Member

I have the lattest version of itunes 7.6.1 (9) and i had a jailbroken 1.1.4 ipot wich was done thru using ijailbreak and im using os x 10.4.11

my ipod was working fine for about a week and a half until the other day wen i went to play some music and it wouldnt turn on or anything (it was left in sleep mode) i thought it was weird so connected it to my computer only to get the connect to itunes logo and itunes poped up telling me i had to restore my ipod, the funny thing was tht my backlight wasnt on, i could hardly make out the screen and itunes keept giving me a 1604 error iv experienced this in the past so i let the ipod drain its batery and then redid it and previously tht had worked (to get the backlight back on and to restore it) but his tym it just stayed the same, i have read the sticky about changing USB ports and restarting the computer etc, even using a friends computer running leopard and still nothing

also i have tried using ifuntastic, iNdependance and somwthing else too? but they have failed me too PLZZZ help me

do i have an iBrick :'(
  2. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Download iLiberty or ZiPhone, then tell it to go into normal mode. If that works and it boots up fine, reboot it and if it goes back into recovery mode again, if it does I have a fix. If after all of that the screens backlight is still off, mention it here.

Edit: Also, don't worry about it being bricked, because it's not, it's always fixable/restorable.
    (sent from my iPod)
  3. Codfish

Codfish New Member

I have tried what you ahve said and i still havent moved from square one, the ipod will show in the program and they can see it's there however the options are either greyed out or just dont do anything

Please Register or Log in to view images

is there anything else that i could do that will revive my ipod from a brick

4. swordcat

swordcat New Member

You are not alone, I unfortunately have exactly the same problem.
    Also when I leave my iPod connected to my iMac for a long time it
    constantly turns itself on and off.
    One more thing, it has been in this state for approximately 48 hours.

I have an aluminum iMac 2.8 Ghz mac os x 10.5.2 and iTunes 7.6.1

hope we find a solution to this problem soon
  5. Codfish

Codfish New Member

I will admit that mine was connected to my mac overnight, was fine wen i put it on to charge and i disconnected it to goto school only to find out at skool tht it appeared to be dead, i assumed the battery wasnt charged (not thnkn of why i connected it to the computer) mine may have flickered on and off but the case i have it in wouldnt have allowed me to see this. i do hope someone has a soultion
  6. Codfish

Codfish New Member

All Right one other thing i have tried is the new PWNER .ipsw builder, i made a custom file and tried to install tht but still got that darn 1604 error and everything with a normal restore i had

7. Monkey Jam

Monkey Jam New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    can you use ZiPhone to put it in DFU mode? if so try downgrading to something like 1.1.1 and ugrading again through iTunes
  8. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    use ziphone to put into DFU mode then click restore.
  9. Codfish

Codfish New Member

I can manually put it into DFU mode no problem, but Ziphone cant connect to my ipod at all, it jst kicks it out, + i cant find this option in the mac version, i see the PC version is rather different but under the advanced pannel there is no mode/restore button or anything tht i can click on tht inst greayed out
  10. swordcat

swordcat New Member

It's up in the menu bar, kinda weird not having it in the GUI but that's the way it is. Still it will not work I've tried this countless of times and have seen no change. I would still try it... and pray