Backlight Bleed...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vbman213, Sep 25, 2009.

1. vbman213

vbman213 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    First let me show you some pictures...

The problem is much more dramatic if you are actually holding the device in your hand...

Please Register or Log in to view images

See that white blemish? It is driving me crazy...

First let me tell you what happened...

So today I was traveling and I went through a city that had an Apple Store. At this point I am 3 hours away from home. So I go in, buy and iPod touch and leave. I get home and find out that my iPod Touch has the super annoying white area on the screen... I call Apple Care and they said that the only way I can get a replacement is to drive all the way back to the store, which would turn out to be a 6 hour trip for a freaking iPod. I think not. Just because I don't live near that store, doesn't mean I shouldn't eligible for the same level of customer service. I set up an Apple Care repair service, but I have heard some bad rep about them scratching up the screen and back, etc... Even the Apple Store online chat lady I talked with said if at all possible it would be much much better to get a replacement...

I'm not very happy at all... Tomorrow I am going to call Apple Care again and GET a replacement... I spent 400 bucks, I think they can afford to f'ing mail me a replacement...
  2. Mosaic

Mosaic Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That's inexcusable.

They should replace it at any Apple Store, or any authorized reseller for that matter.

I'd make a complaint.
  3. vbman213

vbman213 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I totally agree...

No offense to anybody from India, but talking with Apple Care over the phone sucks...
    He basically gave me no help and gave ZERO sympathy for my problem...

The Apple Online Chat person I talked to was more helpful... She said she was going to make some phone calls and she gave me some phone numbers...

Apple Care "India" support = $hit

Apple Sales "American" = Win

I am very confident I will be able to get this resolved without having to deal with Apple Care...
  4. Mosaic

Mosaic Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, foreign customer service usually results in failure.

It's a shame they don't hire American support for American customers.
  5. vbman213

vbman213 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Agreed... You think with the all the money you spend on their products and the extra on Apple Care, they would provide you with somebody you can at least UNDERSTAND!

I had to get that guy to repeat my Repair Number 5 times...

Edit:

I am determined to get a REPLACEMENT, not a REPAIR. What Apple doesn't know, is that I will be recording my phone calls from now on and if they don't help me, I will even tell them I am going to submit this to Digg and give them some bad rep... Lets see how they handle that

6. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You kno what, try emailing Steve Jobs himself. Just google his email, I promise, as long as the email is well-written, he will reply. I've gotten more than a couple replies from him concerning various things. This seems like a perfect choice.

Also, I believe that it is sjobs@apple.com but I'm not sure. Google it, it's there.
  7. vbman213

vbman213 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This is what I will probably end up doing if everything else fails...

Thanks for the advice
  8. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Here in NZ servicing/repairs/replacements can be undertaken by "Authorised Apple Retailers", so you can hand them in directly to a certified 3rd party company and get it sorted out under warranty.

I'm sure a similar procedure can be undertaken in the US too?
  9. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  10. elamre

elamre Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i have EXACT the same problem with my itouch 2g :s
    but too bad my warranty haz already expired. i dont know for sure, but i read somewhere that it was posibly to extend it.
    and is it maybe posible to call apple after that? and get a replacement? and if i get a replacement, will my whole ipod gets replaced? or just the screen?