Backing up the iPod Touch before jailbreaking...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Sean the Pirate, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Sean the Pirate

Sean the Pirate New Member

Is there a way to do this so that my notes, wifi settings, saved games, etc will still be available when I jailbreak my Touch? I searched, but didn't find a simple solution.

Thanks,
    Sean
  2. ttazboy513

ttazboy513 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Simply backup with iTunes than after you jailbreak your iPod restore from backup. This worked for me.
  3. Sean the Pirate

Yes, but that removes the jailbreak for me. I want to access my wifi, saved games, etc after I've jailbroken the device.
  4. Finite Vendetta

Finite Vendetta New Member

No, he means restore your backup not the firmware....just right click your iPod under devices and click backup, and then after you jailbreak, restore it from backup not the Restore Firmware.
  5. lightningdude

lightningdude New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, iTunes should give you the option (when you first try to sync the jailbroken with iTunes) to restore a specific backup. It will then give you the option to choose which backup to restore.
  6. Sean the Pirate

I tried the backup as you said, and I'm currently jailbreaking. I'll post again to say whether it worked for me or not. Thanks for your help.
  7. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Assuming you've synched your phone to iTunes at least once, there is a backup of notes, etc.

After you jailbreak, assuming you used restore to get to a fresh firmware, you will be given the option of setting your phone up as a new phone, or by setting it up by using the backup. If you have more than one backed up phone, you will be presented with a list of possible devices to restore to.

Also, this is the same procedure for an iPod.
  8. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, restoring the back up happens after you finish restoring to a new firmware.
  9. Sean the Pirate

It worked!

Thanks for your help guys.