Backing up SMS..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stund, Jun 17, 2009.

1. stund

stund New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So before I upgraded to 3.0, I tried backing up my sms'. I copied the 3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28.mddata from the itunes backup folder and put it in safe keeping. Then I carried on with the update. I restored the phone as if it was brand new, and synced, so I would get a fresh backup on itunes. I processed with another restore, only this time I set my phone up by applying the backup. Before I clicked it though, I copied the 3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28.mddata file with all my sms in it back into the mobilesync folder itunes put the backups in. Then continued with the restore..

So when it was finished, I checked it out. All of my previous settings were there, but none of the sms! Even though the backup file was put in place.. itunes must have identified it as not the correct file. Anyways - how can I go about putting all of my texts back onto my phone? Is there an easier way?

Btw - I didn't just restore from a backup in the first place as I didn't want all of my jb'd material mixed in with it all.. I had some apps poofed and stuff so they wouldn't show up.