Backing up a jailbroken IPod touch 3G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Theodore155, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Theodore155

Theodore155 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    As we know the only working jail break for the 3g ipod touch is blackra1n with the exception that itd tethered and you have to restore and lose everything whenever u restart it. But to get around that you could just use your booted data (your ipod boots its data to itunes everytime u plug it in and im pretty sure u cant't change that). What would happen though if u restored ur Ipod with the booted data of when it was jailbroken with blackra1n? Im guessing u would be stuck in a loop of restoring your ipod with the booted data unless u totally wiped the data with an acual restore? As my last question i would like to ask if when an acual untethered version on a jail break comes out for the ipod touch 3g and persay im running blackra1n on it does that mean i can just put the untethered version on my ipod with blackra1n or would i need to delete black rain by restoring in order to use the untethered version?
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Just re-run blackra1n to boot up your ipod. Untethered might be out by the end of the year or June.

And you would have to restore to get an untethered jailbreak. If you already have a tethered.