Backgrounder when LOCKED

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Daibobb, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Daibobb

Daibobb New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I recently got the app Textfree Unlimited.
    This is on my ipod TOUCH.
    Anyway, i noticed that, if i ever got a text, it wouldnt alert me until i was actually on the app. Nothing would happen, unless it was docked or in the charger, in which i would get a sound, then i would be taken to the lock screen, with a message saying "so and so said blah blah." But other than that, i never got badges or notifications.
    Then i got backgrounder, and then i could receive alerts and badges when the ipod was on the homescreen, or anywhere else.
    This is all great, but it doesnt seem to show badges or alerts when it is locked. Any different kind of mod that does this?
    The only time that it does in fact do this, is when it is docked, or in the charger, and i dont wan't to have it on the charger 24/7.

Thank you SO much!
    And im sorry if this thread is on the wrong section, i read through everything, and i thought this section deemed best.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Read the rules.
  3. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I wouldn't mention anything about Insta***** or cracked a**s on this forums.
  4. Daibobb

Daibobb New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    uh oh, i really dont see what i did wrong, can you explain please?
  5. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Buy your apps.
  6. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The posting or discussion of illegal or pirated material

First of all, to avoid any confusion JAILBREAKING IS NOT ILLEGAL AND MAY BE DISCUSSED. That's the point of this site!

That being said, our forum has always been appreciative and supportive of the work of independent commercial developers and development firms, and copyright holders in general. As such, we do not allow the posting or discussion of any material which is illegal or pirated.

This includes:

1. Posting or discussing about cracked applications (including patched MobileInstallation)
    2. Posting or discussing links to websites facilitating the cracking or sharing of cracked applications

3. Posting serial numbers
    4. Posting about/where to get ROMs / bios files. Emulators themselves are legal, but the actual ROMs and/or BIOS files are not.
    5. Copyrighted code or other works. This includes modified IPSWs and paid firmware upgrades

Just to be clear, even discussing piracy may result in disciplinary action.

Furthermore, anything that is illegal by United States and/or California law may not be discussed. This includes:

1. Illegal drugs
    2. Fraud (for example, how to break your iPod so that you can return it for an exchange)
  7. Samphotog

Samphotog Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    When did he say anything about those sites/programs? use insomnia it keeps it connected
  8. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    He edited it out.
  9. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ninja edit saves, but mods can still see your edits... make sure you have read and understood our forum rules before you post again please
  10. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yeah like techxhelp911 said. Use Insomnia to keep your apps running and wifi when your device is locked. But you will stress it and it may get hot and so on. I don't really recommend long-term using of backgrounding.