Backgrounder Querie?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by TechDudeGeorge, May 23, 2010.

1. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

In loads of videos I have seen that Backgrounder closes the app when hitting the home button. And when you hold the home button. It will background the app showing "Backgrounding Enabled". But I got it on my friend's iPod Touch 2G. And it backgrounded the app when I press home. And closed the app when holding the home button saying "Backgrounding Disabled".

Any idea how I can get it to the video method. I looked through options and can only get the button to make it say "Backgrounding Disabled" to change... I would like to know this so I can figure a way for it to work in iOS 4.0
  2. TechDudeGeorge

So does anyone know. I would try and mess with the settings to see if its settings on my friends. But he can't bring his iPod round for a while so...
  3. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Delete backgrounder from cydia, then download ProSwitcher. It installs all nescessary programs to get multitasking working nicely. When you hold the home button, it comes up with all running apps in a nice UI and to close and app, just tap the x, just like in Safari. To background an app, just hold home button, then press home button again and it goes back to the home screen.
  4. TechDudeGeorge

I don't like Proswitcher much. It never worked on my friends. When ever I used it. It would instantly close the app.

Like I open up Safari. Help the home button so proswitcher opens. It shows Safari as a Open Card thingy. And closed it a second later. There were no other apps running at all. So it had free ram. And safari was just on the home page. No website was loaded... It does this with other apps too. My friends is a 2G 8GB iPod Touch.
  5. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay. You should use both Backgrounder AND ProSwitcher. They are BEAST when put together.