Background Troubles

Discussion in 'Customize 2.0 Discussions' started by palfguy, Jul 10, 2008.

1. palfguy

palfguy New Member

I read the stickied thread at the top of this forum and didn't find my answer. Anyways, here we go.

Using Customize, I've made a pretty sweet orange and black theme using odds and ends from other themes. Unfortunately, I can't change the background to the one I want. Customize seems to be overriding my ability to change the background (by going into settings). The customize "original backup" theme unfortunately has this background (a picture of tupac that clashes with the orange) stuck in place. The new theme I made also has this problem. How do I kill off Tupac? I've gotten rid of the original photo by resyncing and it hasn't brought success.
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    SSH into /private/var/mobile/Library and change the permissions of LockBackground.jpg to 755.
  3. palfguy

palfguy New Member

Didn't work. Can I just upload a different picture for LockBackground.jpg?
  4. RenegadeGeth

RenegadeGeth Banned

Yep...I would follow this. Just pick out the image you want and name it wallpaper.png in the folder for ssh.
  5. da_misfits

da_misfits New Member

Download Summerboard (that is if you havent already) go into themes and set your theme to "Customize" and re-apply your theme, wallpaper, ect.

If your having trouble with your lockscreen wallpaper, download mobilefinder, delete the lockscreenwallpaper file and apply the one you want
  6. nelson480

nelson480 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    still didnt work for me, the only way i can change bacvkground is through customize and its over riding the ability to change background
  7. j hooder

j hooder Member

make sure you restart ur iPod so summerboard works
  8. RenegadeGeth

RenegadeGeth Banned

You can choose a picture from your pictures on the ipod toiuch and set it as the background and then go to smbprefs and shut off theme background and it should work now.