Back up via SSH?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by TomPom, Mar 11, 2009.

1. TomPom

TomPom New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi, as the wait is over for the untethered jailbreak, its finally time to back up my tethered and untether my device. Would it be possible to SSH into the device, go to the root and copy all of it over to my computer, then when i untether it by re-jailbreaking, SSH everything back over? Thanks
  2. eats7

eats7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i wonder this aswell
  3. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    All im doing is making a note of all the .Apps i got And Copying (SSH-Ing) All my themes. Then im Gunna Get all my apps Back. Whilst SSH-ing my themes

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. eats7

eats7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i was gonna do that but i realize a lot of the files are spread out throughout the filesystem, so it would be hard to get all the files, and it might crash if i try.
  5. ChrisFrancia

ChrisFrancia New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    apt backup then back up using itunes, jailbreak, restore from back up install apt backup and run it
  6. MisuzuKamio

MisuzuKamio New Member

I changed OSes on my PC and so now I have no music =[ So I must copy all this music back over.... Or I could just copy everything I backed up onto my Xbox 1.. But theres no fun there, now is there? And I don't wanna bring my Xbox all the way upstairs and hook it up. Just to much work for a sick person =P