Back up games and apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shinichi_nguyen, Feb 23, 2009.

1. shinichi_nguyen

shinichi_nguyen Member

Mine is 1st gen jailbroken version 2.1 and mostly I got all the apps and games from App Store, not from Cydia and Installer (don't really know how, anyway). I have now like 10 pages, and I want to back up all to my library (or some folder in my HDD). I right click on the ipod and choose back up and it say backing up...but it does pretty quick and i dont feel like it just couple seconds i can bring all the app and games onto my computer! How do i "see" if my apps and games are in the library? Cos if i do something wrong and have to restore it, i dont really want to surf on App Store to get my favo apps and games again! It take too long to do that! Please advise!
    Thank you
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Download them all from iTunes on your computer and just sync.
  3. Fenderboy

Fenderboy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It backsup in itunes when you plug it in, or with winscp you can drop whatever you want to backup onto your desktop.
  4. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Look under Applications in your iTunes Library, if you can't see the Applications option, you need to enable it under Edit>Preferences>Show:
  5. shinichi_nguyen

shinichi_nguyen Member

No, I plug it in, it does say syncing, but nothing was transferred from ipod touch to itune library. I looked under Application tag as Matt-09 said, and there is nothing in the list! Seems to me all stuffs are still on my ipod and not on itune library! That why i am asking how to move them to the itune library just in case later on i need to restore it!
  6. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

I think that right click the iPod in the left bar, and selecting transfer purchases does it. Not sure as I can't remember clearly. It's been too long.
  7. shinichi_nguyen

shinichi_nguyen Member

I did that and after i click transfer purchase, i see that it try to copy some game that I got from app store, but just one name only every time i try doing that. Like "Copying BounceLite" and then stop, then i click again, "Copying ipuzzle" and that's it! But eventually I still don't see any of them appear in the itune library application tag! This really sucks!