Back-up all settings?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by picklejw, May 27, 2010.

1. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hi, I have a jail-broken iPhone 3gs. I have heard of backup utilities such as Rock, to backup the jail-broken apps, not including the settings which you put in

Please Register or Log in to view images

. And I heard of Chonus, which backs up Regular Apple Apps from the app store, which is also nice. But I havent seen one that backs up the Preferences of the jail-broken apps such as winterboard settings, i understand i can re-download the package from Rock but some of the themes are homemade or tweaked a little, such as safari which i renamed to Chrome and changed the icon the the chrome logo and put the chrome winterboard theme in, but some of that was my own tweaks not winterboard download

Please Register or Log in to view images

.Currently I have made a shell file which will tar-ball all my settings so I can restore the next firmware with jailbreak. Is there a app that I dont have to do this? btw heres my shell file just copy and paste into notepad or something and name it backup.sh and set permissions to 777 also you have to be su to do this, dont add the row of dashes, and the one after is to restore called restore.sh
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    clear
    echo "************ Back-Up *************"
    echo "This will back up all the following…"
    echo "-Winterboard Themes"
    echo "-All apps, including cracked and jailbroken apps."
    echo "-And more."
    sleep 3s
    cd /var
    tar -cvf backup.tar "/var/mobile/Applications" "/var/stash/Themes" "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.marksipodtouch.mystrings.plist" "/var/stash/Applications"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    clear
    echo "************ Restore Back-up *************"
    echo "This will restore all the following…"
    echo "-Winterboard Themes"
    echo "-All apps, including cracked and jailbroken apps."
    echo "-And more."
    sleep 3s
    cd /var
    tar -xvf backup.tar