Back to School Promo 2009 Prediction. Free iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ryuukumori, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Hey everyone. I'm most likely going to buy a mac for college for fall of 2009, so I need some insight. Here's the small problem.

My birthday is coming up very soon, around 3 weeks from now. I have a pretty good opportunity to get an iPod Touch. I could do this, or I could risk and wait for the laptop purchase until June of 2009, when the promotion begins.

Can you guarantee the iPod Touch will be a part of this promotion? Or was last promotion just a special?

Any way I could contact Apple based on this? Thanks for any help.
  2. chadi

chadi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You could always buy the touch for your birthday, and if they do the promotion, get another one and sell that to cover some costs of the one you already bought.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Hm, that does sounds like a good idea. You think by that time, the value of the free iPod Touch I'd get would be of equal to that of a new one on the market? Or do people typically sell it for less?

Either way, I'd have an iPod Touch early, and have a somewhat cheaper Apple Notebook later!
  4. bob12345333

bob12345333 New Member

i dont think they will lower the price of the ipod touch untill they make another 1
  5. chadi

chadi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If I recall correctly, you got $300 off any iPod last time they ran the promo. That would get you a free 16GB iPod touch. You could probably sell that for $250 or so, possibly more.

Yes, that would be pretty awesome!
  6. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

You may never know... Apple could just as easily manipulate the situation and have only the nanos and the 8 GB (worth $230) on the promo.

Either or, I'm going to look into it a little bit more before I decide. I'm not sure if I'm getting the 8 GB or the 16 GB for my birthday.
  7. chadi

chadi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You do have a good point there.

Well, good luck deciding, and I hope you like the touch when you get it!

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

That is just a risk you take. I would suggest you just go ahead and get it because you never know what Apple will do. As far as the capacity you should get, just take consideration into what you plan on using it for, how much music you have, etc. But, if you can afford or get the 16g, why not?