back HORRIBLE for scratches

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lienutus, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Lienutus

Lienutus Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well if you are wondering, it is the single most worst thing i have seen in my life that is subject to scratches. All i did was slip it into a suede case and a little spec ( i mean really little) created a huge scratch on the bag. I was waiting for a god damn screen and back protectors like a film to be available in stores. At least now i can be more "free" with my ipod.....i guess the film protectors would be scratched as well so there might not even be a point to that....just trying to see the positives.
  2. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I use a silicone case and i have absolutely no scratches on the back and the back is still shiny and no smudges.
  3. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    that sucks
    dude get a silicon they leave no scratches at all
  4. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Uhh thats my pet peeve, thats why I use silicon cases
  5. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

Actually, not really. The film protectors don't get scratched at all. They fill in little scratches, too, so if you have a small scratch on the back of your iPod, the film would probably just fill it in.

You could also go the silicone route, but I've always preferred skins because that way you get to see the device the way it was meant to be seen - naked.

(I've used skins on a Creative Zen and a Nano and both players still look pristine. I should also add that I'm thinking about buying a touch soon and will probably put a skin on the back.)
  6. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I got a really nice leather case/wallet. All be it, i dont spend a lot of time looking at the back of my ipod (why would you?), so i dont really care. What you can do is try and give it a polish. sometimes what are scratches are not really scratches at all, but rather just marks. One of the best things to polish stuff like this is toothpaste. teeth whitening paste is good as it has some really really fine abrasive material in it. just use a really soft lint free polishing cloth. other things you can use are brasso and silvo. these are used for cleaning brass and strangely enough silver jewlery and ornaments.

I kinda like the scratches on my iPod, gived it character and everyones is different... no two scratch the same... kinda like a finger print

Please Register or Log in to view images

I only hate them on the screen when i have to look around them!!
  7. nsx_23

nsx_23 New Member

I use a BSE on the back, than just a cheapo silicone skin off ebay and a generic screen protector on the front.

Waiting for damn black rebeltouch 2Gs to be available at my "local" apple store.
  8. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

i don't mind the scratches
    it's gonna happen anyway
    unless you use a case right away

i'm more worried about scuffing up the screen
  9. sand1303

sand1303 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    is there a polish that is recommended for light scratches on the back. mine is pretty new but i already see light scratches all over the back if the light hits it the right way. i don't ever set mine down on anything hard. i always set it on a towel or the little black thing that came with it when i lay it down. i will be getting a silicone case soon though. anyone use one of the wall chargers off ebay that are going for like five dollars. i want to charge mine sometimes when the pc is off and think it is a waste of power to turn my computer on just to charge my ipod.
  10. Spd2Last

Spd2Last Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Even with a silicone case (the belkin sonic wave to be exact), small particles have managed to make their way through the opening and to the back. This was also without ever touching the back of the iPod. As soon as I got it, I picked it up with the cleaning cloth and placed it inside the case to try to prevent the scratches as much as possible. But the iPod hunters still found their way to the back to scratch it. It didn't scratch a lot, just some small scratches here and there but still very shiny and smudge-free.