iOS 7.0 [B4 Change Log] These Are the Changes Made in iOS 7 Beta 4

Discussion in 'General iOS discussions' started by News Bot, Jul 29, 2013.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. dukeidude

dukeidude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Anyone found anything on "security" or "scan" for the 5s? Or anything regarding the "5s" if the name is even seen anywhere?
  3. Badd_Blood

Badd_Blood Well-Known Member

The lockscreen shouldn't have those NC and CC lines as it should be obvious. Now the Slide arrow just makes it worse.
    Zyiros likes this.
  4. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

5. Zyiros

Zyiros Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Completely agree!!
  6. Draco_Red

Draco_Red Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Nopers, 5S is just the next name according to the naming system they've been using for the last number of years. 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, ?

Even though it's not a confirmed name, it's what's being used as a placeholder until there is a confirmed name. It's sort of like how everyone was calling the next generation Xbox the "Xbox 720" despite there being absolutely no way they would use that name.

But on topic and not hijacking the thread; in iOS7b4 they've fixed the bug with Siri not being able to tel if there were new text messages.
  7. Faiz Saleem

Faiz Saleem Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I noticed a few changes in the OS as well, that aren't mentioned here.
    For one, the photo filters are now available on iPhone 4S. I don't know if they're on iPhone 4 or not (presumably not), but they weren't on the 4S in beta3.
    I don't know if it's just me, but the folder icons are more opaque than in beta3. It's probably just me.
    The headers in Notification Center which were previously non-capitalised ('today', 'all', 'missed') are now semi-capitalised ('Today', 'All', 'Missed').
    In Siri's 'Some things you can ask me' menu, the icons seem to be updated (or maybe I just didn't notice this). In the same menu, WolframAlpha is now Q&A.
    I don't know if this is just me, but the App Store and iTunes Store icons feel a bit different as well. I think the colours have been toned down a bit.

Some of these were probably in beta3 and I didn't notice them. Either that, or it's just me.
  8. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I have a few!

The text on the tabs in Notification Centre are now capitalised at the start of the word. (they were all lowercase before)

The tap-to-focus square on the camera app is now orange, not blue. There are a few tweaks to the camera app, as mentioned above.

When you unlock an iPad with a smart cover now, there is no longer an animation of the icons "swooshing" into place - Springboard now instantly appears with the icons in the correct place (thank god.)

Animations seem quicker. I don't mean the OS has become less laggy - I mean the animation speed is noticeably shorter when opening apps and opening folders.
    Joe Rossignol likes this.
  9. iTom

iTom Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Having iOS 7 beta 4 and it's working smoother than previous beta's on my iPod touch 5G. Is there anyone that can tell me if the beta is running smooth as well on the iPhone 4? I am thinking to install it on that device too, but only if it's working normal. :p
  10. Apple951

Apple951 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It feels nice