[B]Help on my Stuffed iTouch!![/B]

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ShuffleZ, Jan 8, 2008.

1. ShuffleZ

ShuffleZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys,
    I need your help badly. Ok So I have 2 iPods, 8GB (mine) and a 16GB (bros).
    I jailbroke my 8GB one and it works fine. I also did my brothers shortly after. It worked fine too but 3 or so days later he tried to sync the rest of his iTunes Library to his iPod(his last Sync was before the jailbreak) but when he plugged it in it would show the battery charge image then flash that on and off while making that connection sound. We then looked at iTunes and it gave a message like:

"This iPhone could not be recognized. (Error x0000012 blah blah)"

When he restarted the same thing came up so he restored it but instead of letting iTunes download the restore thing he just used the 1.1.1 update and then the 1.1.2 update. He then put some music on it to test and it worked fine. Now, he wanted to jailbreak it again so he told me to. Watching iPodtouchmasters video on youtube carefully, I downgraded to 1.1.1 and installed Appsnapp and then 'OktoPrep' in Installer.
    Since it was 4am I left it at that and went to bed. In the morning I put the iPod back in to finish and it came up with the could not recognize iPhone thing again. I left it at that and had breakfast, came back plugged it in and it now says,
    "iTunes cannot read the contents of Shayne's iPod Touch. Go to the summary tab in iPod preferences and click Restore to restore this iPod to factory settings."

What should I do now? Restore and do what to jailbreak it again? Is there a new easy method or stick to the video? Since i tried to jailbreak once and stuffed up can i do it again? Please help guys.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I can provide pics of both the errors if you guys want.
  2. mister alligator

mister alligator New Member

I would restore and try again.
    It's a really easy process but just do it all in one time. It shouldn't take more than 10mins to do the whole thing....
  3. racedude

racedude New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Have you already tryed moving the usb plug into another port on your computer. Some one else had this problem and it turned out to be a problem with the plug on the computer. Try a different one.
  4. ShuffleZ

ShuffleZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    OK, i restored it and jailbroke ir again and its working pretty fine for now. Can anyone tell me why it says i have 224 mb of OTHER Memory on my 8GB iPod? Im sure i dont have that many apps. Only like 1 page and a half of em

Please Register or Log in to view images