[b]1.1.3[/b]

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Nathan.Guitar, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Nathan.Guitar

Nathan.Guitar New Member

Hey Guys

Im a bit of a n00b and i was wonderin...

at the minute i have a 1.1.2 jailbroken 8gb ipod touch,

I know that if i just update my iTouch now, it will brick

What should i do to "Un-Jailbreak" my iPod and update to 1.1.3?

Thanks
  2. toehead

toehead New Member

I would stay at 1.1.2.

you can't "brick" your ipod.
  3. Nathan.Guitar

Nathan.Guitar New Member

Well i found a few posts in this forum where people have, i guess you could call it bricked there iPod, and now it does not work due to installing the update,

But if i wanted to go to 1.1.3, how would i do it with my 1.1.2 Jailbroken iPod Touch?
  4. chopshop

chopshop New Member

If you wanted to 'be safe' you could google for a 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 firmware file. Plug in your iPod and open iTunes. Then hold shift while clicking restore. Select the file you downloaded and you should then be restored to a completely jailed iPod.
  5. Liam89

Liam89 New Member

DONT UPGRADE TO 1.1.3. Stay on 1.1.2 and enjoy your 3rd party apps. I upgraded to 1.1.3 (didn't buy the extra apps ofcourse) and all you get is a new dock, nothing else. Infact no I'm lying, the youtube icon is in a different position.

Please Register or Log in to view images

But yeah, don't bother upgrading. The second I upgraded I downgraded back to 1.1.1, and I'm going to stick with this 1.1.1 JB Touch until a 1.1.3 Jailbreak comes out. Not to mention downgrading from 1.1.3 is pretty annoying because most of the time the commands you have to put in don't work.